Learn how to make Vegan Rice Paper Rolls which is a healthy snack to munch on and is also rich in protein and Vitamin C.
- 5 sheets Vietnamese Rice Paper
- 1 large Carrot
- 1 small Cucumber
- 1/2 an Avocado, cut into slices
- Small bunch Thai Basil
- 60 gms Tofu, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup mixed Salad Leaves
- 1 Red Chili de-seeded and cut into thin strips.
- Prepare a large bowl of hot water to soften rice paper in.
- Working one at a time, submerge rice paper into hot water (be careful!) for about 5-10 seconds, or until it is just starting to soften. Don’t soak it for too long or it will tear to bits.
- Place a small bed of salad leaves in the middle of the softened rice paper, and then top with small amounts of every other ingredient. Although tempting, try not to over-fill the rolls as it will make it hard to roll up.
- Roll rice paper roll up, egg-roll style. (Bottom up, sides in and roll to close).
- Rice paper rolls are best eaten fresh.