Learn to make a Goan special dessert called Split Bengal Gram Fudge with Time Traveller Restaurant.
1 Cup Chana Daal/Split Bengal Gram
1 1/2 Cup grated coconut or Dry Desiccated Coconut
1 Cup White Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cardamom powder
2 Tablespoons Ghee + some extra for greasing the plate
Pinch of Salt
- Soak dal for 4-5 hours and pressure Cook it for upto 1 whistle the next day. Grind it with Coconut without any water . It should be thick.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a non stick skillet and add this ground paste into it.
- Keep the heat on medium, add sugar and mix.
- Mix until it is well blended.
- Stir continuously, slowly you will notice it starting getting thicker and leaving the bottom of the skillet.
- At this point add salt, mix and continue cooking.
- It will start getting dry as you continue cooking.
- Once it dries up completely, add cardamom powder mix and keep cooking until it forms like a dough. Mix well and remove from heat.
- It takes exactly 35 minutes for this.
- Remove from heat and pour it in the greased plates.
- Flatten with spoon or your palm and keep it for cooling.
- Make some design using fork.
- After about 5 minutes, cut it into diamond shapes. Don’t yet remove the pieces.
- Wait till it hardens up and then remove out the pieces.