Gulgula is a popular sweet delicacy of Uttarakhand, it is made from Wheat flour and Sugar/Jaggery. Learn how to make Gulgula with Time Traveller Restaurant’s Chefs by following this easy recipe.
300 gms Wheat Flour
1 tsp Sweet Spice Powder
500 ml Mustard Oil
10 gms Fennel Seeds
500 gm Sugar/Jaggery
200 ml Water
- Take a bowl and add hot water, sugar in it. Allow the sugar to dissolve in the bowl. Once dissolved, let it cool down. Combine flour, sugar and little water in order to make a smooth paste.
- Add fennel seeds, sweet spice powder to the mixture and stir well.
- Roll the mixture to a nice round ball. Repeat the steps with the whole mixture.
- Take a kadhai and keep it on medium flame. Heat oil in the kadai and one by one insert the mixture with the help of a spoon in the kadai.
- Deep fry the Gulgula. Keep in mind to fry it till golden brown from both the sides.