Dodol a popular Goan sweet which is soft, sweet, texture like pudding, learn how to make it with Time Traveller Restaurant with step by step process.
Coconut milk (nariyal ka dudh) (2 cups)
Wheat flour (atta) (3/4 cup)
Rice flour (chawal ka atta) (1/2 cup)
Cashew nuts (kaju), chopped (3 tbsp)
Goan palm jaggery (gud), grated (2 cups)
Clarified butter (ghee) (2-3 tbsp)
Water (2 cups)
- Mix wheat and rice flour with coconut milk to make a paste.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan and cook the flour mixture on a very low flame for 10–12 minutes until it has thickened, stirring continuously.
- Add jaggery and cashew nuts to the pan.
- Keep stirring until the jaggery completely dissolves and the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan and forms a ball, this should take about 20–25 mins.
- Pour the dodol mixture into a greased tray or mould and let it cool for 45–50 mins.
- Cut into desired shape.