Filos is an easy recipe to make Goan style Banana pancakes or fritter. Generally it is made with over ripe bananas
1 cup wheat flour
2 overripe bananas
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Goa jaggery & coconut mixture
a pinch of salt
oil for greasing
- Mash bananas with a fork in a bowl. Add rest of the ingredients except oil. Mix well into a thick batter.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan. With a silicone brush, lightly oil pan and when warm, add quarter cup of batter.
- Make four pancakes at a time spacing them away from one another. Cover pan for a couple of minutes.
- Remove cover and you will notice the top edges starting to set. Flip and turn pancakes. Cook the other side till brown.
Jaggery & Coconut Mixture:
- In a saucepan, add 1 pyramid of Goa jaggery with half a cup of water and heat on medium flame.
- When jaggery has been completely dissolved, strain the liquid through a cheesecloth. Clean the saucepan of any impurities.
- Now, add the filtered jaggery liquid along with one cup of grated coconut in the saucepan and heat on medium flame.
- Stir at intervals till coconut mixture completely dry.
- Remove from heat and keep mixture to cool.