Makai Pulao is an aromatic preparation of rice with a flavour burst in every scoop! It is an easy recipe to prepare at home during your lazy weekends or relished as a regular meal on festive occasions. You can serve this pulao with raita/gravy of your choice.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup boiled sweet Corn Kernels (makai ke dane)
- 1 tsp Ginger (adrak) paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic (lehsun) paste
- 1 tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- Curry leaves
- a pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander (dhania) seeds powder
- 2 cups cooked rice
- chopped coriander (dhania) for garnish
- Heat oil/ghee in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add the cumin seeds & curry leaves, saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger & garlic paste, green chilli paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the Corn kernels and fry for a minute.
- Add the remaining spices and mix well.
- Add the rice, mix well and saute for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander.
Let us know how it turned out for you! We also have other exciting recipes, here.
Relish a pure vegetarian dining experience at one of the best Restaurants in Bangalore (#1 in TripAdvisor) for a pure vegetarian experience, Time Traveller Restaurant.